Hair dyeing is one of the most popular hair procedures which is usually pretty expensive. What can you do to keep your hair color fresh in order to visit beauty salon rarely? In this article, we will reveal the top - 6 tips approved by the best hairstylists of the planet. Check them out!
- USE ONLY PRODUCTS FOR DYED HAIR. Obviously, you will need special hair care products for dyed hair, so don’t be lazy to read what’s written on the shampoo and conditioner bottles. Your shampoo and conditioner should be color-safe. Sulfate-free shampoo is the best option.
- TRY TO WASH YOUR HAIR LESS OFTEN. Even using the most delicate shampoo for dyed hair, you shouldn't wash your hair every day. You can keep your hair clean with dry shampoo, so you will enjoy fresh hair without causing too much damage to the hair color.
- TRY TINT SHAMPOO. This is another way to prolong the brightness of your hair color. Due to the presence of coloring pigments in the composition, these shampoos lightly dye the hair with each use. Of course, such a product can change your hair color if you use it wrongly, so consult your hairstylist first.
- TRY COLOR RESTORING SHAMPOO. This is another type of shampoo, which is great for dyed hair. It simply locks in the color inside without adding any new shades. This shampoo is suitable for you if you dye your hair in bright colors, for example, fiery red. The shampoo should be the same brand as the hair dye, that’s the perfect combo.
- PAY ATTENTION TO WATER. Chlorinated pool water will do nothing good to your hair color. If you have no choice, at least wet your hair before entering the pool. However, the water with which you wash your hair is even more important. If you cannot afford to spend money on a special device that filters water and prevents unwanted minerals from getting on your hair, then at least never wash your dyed hair with warm or hot water.
- LIMIT USE OF HAIR SPRAY. If you really need a hair spray, make sure it's suitable for dyed hair. It is worth choosing products that give your hair shine because regular sprays will dull your color.