A wise salon owner knows that poor staff morale undermines the commitment of your employees, worsening the quality of their services. If there any problems with your staff, you have to promptly notice them in order to quickly eliminate them. How can you help your stylists to cope with all problems and boost their motivation? Keep on reading and find it out!
1. Find out what’s wrong. If you feel some sort of tension or negativity in your salon, have a one-on-one conversation with each employee. Try to address his feelings and emotions. The sooner you find out what’s wrong, the better.
2. Use your salon managers. Perhaps they have closer relationships with your staff than you do. Managers can value staff for their skills, observe the relationship situation in a team, etc.
3. Get to know your team better. Having a nice salon manager is good but being him yourself is better. Always be nice and polite to your staff, praising each member for his contribution to your business.
4. Set realistic goals. Be clear to your stylists, allow them to grow and develop while performing the tasks set.
5. Reward good work. Of course, monetary bonuses are a super nice bit what about your public recognition of the success of your stylist and his hard work for the sake of the salon? Recognition has to be sincere, as your staff is the most valuable resource of your salon.