Brazilian Keratin Hair Treatment Instructions: How to do a BKT Hair Straightening Treatment & how to apply keratin.
- Professional Dryer
- Straightening Iron
Blond/damaged hair: temperature up to 200ºc (390ºf)
Normal/resistant hair: temperature up to 230ºc (450ºf)
- Hair Clips
- Silicone Gloves
- Fine-tooth Comb
- Brush (s)
STEP 01 PREPARATION
Damaged, frizzy and dull hair.
1. Wash the hair with Anti-Residue Shampoo, massaging into a lather. Leave for 5 minutes. Rinse. Repeat the operation for virgin hair or resistant hair.
2. Use a hair dryer and hands to dry hair to about 80% dry.
3. Separate the hair into 6 equal parts and secure each section with a clip.
STEP 02 APPLY | DRY
4. Hold an entire section near the nape. Apply the product at the base of the section near the roots using firm, single brush strokes. Repeat on all four sides of the section. Open the section in half and apply the product on the upper and lower parts of the section. Use a fine-tooth comb to comb through the entire section, from the roots to the ends, making sure the whole length of hair is covered by the product. Do not over saturate.
5. Repeat the same application procedure on the other section near the nape, remembering to open the section in half and apply the product to the upper and lower parts of the section.
6. With the hairdryer set to cold air, dry the two sections completely without brushing. It’s essential to dry just two sections to ensure comfort to both the professional and the customer. With this exclusive method, smoke and fumes are reduced to a minimum.
7. Repeat points 4-5-6 on the two central sections.
8. Repeat points 4-5-6 on the two frontal sections. Dry the sections backwards, away from the face to avoid contact with the customer’s face.
STEP 03 STRAIGHTENING
9. Hair straightener. Recommended temperature settings. Blond / damaged hair: Use a straightener temperature up to 200ºC (390ºF) Normal / resistant hair: Use a straightener temperature up to 230ºC (450ºF) Divide the hair into the same six sections as in step 1 and secure each section with a clip.
10. Take a thin tress of hair and straighten from roots through mid shaft of each strip 10 times 200ºC (390ºF) or 6 times 230ºC (450ºF).
11. To create natural and healthy looking hair ends, only straighten 6 times for blond / damaged hair with iron at 200ºC (390ºF), or 3 times for normal / resistant hair with iron at 230ºC (450ºF).
12. Repeat the iron straightening process in all the hair, always making sure to take fine and linear tresses of hair throughout the entire head. Always position the straightening iron at a 90º angle perpendicular to the scalp to achieve a straight result starting from the roots.
STEP 04 FINISHING
13. Rinse the hair.
14. Apply the Deep Conditioning Mask and work it through the hair. Leave on for 5 minutes. Rinse again.
15. Blow dry the hair. Eventually finish with desired styling brush or straightening iron.
Instant smooth, straight hair, no frizz and impeccable shine.