Brasil Cacau Thermal Reconstruction can be applied for the following hair types:
Brasil Cacau Keratin contains natural protein, which nourishes and repairs your hair. It is coupled with cocoa extract that assists in activating keratin inside the hair. Penetrating into it, these active substances smooth the structure and cure its defects, providing a long lasting straightening effect. This professional product makes your hair soft and shiny for up to 4 months.
Brasil Cacau is based on a combination of cocoa extract, natural silicone and pure keratin and created to recover health in extremely weak and damaged hair. Its formula ensures pronounced effect in returning healthy hair structure and its beautiful look.
Q: Will the treatment work for me, if my hair is all natural and wasn’t colored or chemically treated before?
A: Yes, however, the effect will be less durable.
Q: Can I bleach my hair after the treatment?
A: No, you should bleach your hair and undergo all types of hair lightening prior to Keratin treatment or you have to wait until your hair grows enough.
Q: Can I get the treatment on the hair roots in case my hair was already relaxed?
A: Yes, the treatment can be applied to previously relaxed hair regardless of technique used.
Q: Is the treatment applicable to highlighted hair?
A: Yes, highlighted hair can be treated, but a keratin product has to be applied on hair prior to a conditioner.
Q: Is this true that keratin treatment is allowed for chemically treated hair?
A: Yes, if you underwent some type of chemical treatment, you still can get your keratin procedure with no restrictions.
Q: Are keratin products equivalent to relaxers?
A: No, they contain keratin, collagen and botanical extracts, which are penetrated into your hair and then sealed, and thus they work differently.
- Deep conditioner
- Olive oil
Since keratin needs to be sealed in your hair, a stylist use a flat iron heated up to 450°F. The heating can damage your hair, so you need to moister it well prior to treatment. Treat your hair with a ready-made deep conditioner about a week or make your own home care product. Take an avocado, blend it with an egg and 1 tablespoon of olive oil, apply on the dry hair and wrap in a towel.
Make a kind of steam room in your home bathroom by turning on hot water. When the bathroom is full of steam, sit in it for 10-15 minutes while the hot air opens the cuticles – this will help moister to penetrate deeper.
Rinse the conditioner from your hair with cool water and apply a moisturizing shampoo to clean the hair thoroughly. Don’t use oils two days prior to treatment, sine this can affect it badly.
Discuss with your stylist all hair-care issues related to preparation for the treatment. Your stylist has the experience and knows all the peculiarities of a particular keratin product. So the stylist can even recommend you a specific type of shampoos or share other preparation tips with you.
Don’t limit yourself to just telling your client about the main features and advantages of the Brazilian keratin straightening. Go a bit further and discuss with the client such hair features as:
- how curly the hair is;
- hair length;
- chemical products and services used for the hair.
Then discuss with the client the following aspects:
1. What does the client expect of the keratin treatment?
2. How do chemical and keratin straightening differ?
3. What is the effect for the client’s hair type? (show photos before and after treatment)
4. What is the client’s chemical history and what is expected in the future?
5. What does a strand test show? (elasticity test to observe hair’s strength)
6. How to maintain and style the hair prior to treatment? (thermal tools, products, time needed to complete the regime).
7. Is a deep cleansing recommended for the client prior to the salon treatment? (Specific thorough cleansing and cuticle exfoliating can be recommended for the clients, who regularly use hair-care products, which cause a build-up on the cuticle)
8. What are peculiarities of after-treatment care? (after the Brazilian keratin straightening, clients usually can cut their styling time in half)
9. Why is the Daily maintenance commitment so important? (Our home care retail products are specifically developed to ensure maximum effect, while supplementing our unique treatment formula perfectly. We cannot guarantee optimal result with other keratin brands.)
Discussing these aspects with your client will help you understand whether the treatment is suitable for the client in the first place.
Duration of the keratin straightening effect increases significantly depending on the number of the procedures you undergo. As reviews show, the repeated keratin procedures contribute to long-term retention of the effect. This is resulted from the keratin capability to be accumulated and to continue protecting hair over time.
Besides, the duration of the keratin layer effect depends on the hair length, hair shaft condition, hair washing frequency and types of hair-care products that are used. In most cases, research findings showed a positive relationship between retaining the effect and hair washing frequency. Nevertheless, it is also necessary to take into consideration the hair type.
To retain the keratin effect longer, you need to protect your hair from factors that destroy the protective layer, such as usage of sulfate shampoos within the first days after the procedure, sea water, sun, frequent hair washing and hair coloring. Therefore, you should dye your hair and go on vacation prior to keratin straightening.